We are starting our 4th CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)! Members of the community pay in advance for shares of the crops they will receive every Saturday for 20 weeks. Starting mid-November. We currently will be working with 9 organic farms in Mid-SE Florida region.
This arrangement creates several rewards for both the farmer and the consumer. In brief...
Advantages for farmers:
· Get to spend time marketing the food early in the year, before their 16 hour days in the field begin
· Receive payment early in the season, which helps with the farm's cash flow
· Have an opportunity to get to know the people who eat the food they grow
Advantages for consumers:
· Eat ultra-fresh food, with all the flavor and vitamin benefits
· Get exposed to new vegetables and new ways of cooking
· Usually get to visit the farm at least once a season
· Find that kids typically favor food from "their" farm – even veggies they've never been known to eat
· Develop a relationship with the farmer who grows their food and learn more about how food is grown
CSA will run from mid-November (Date TBD depending on the weather) and run for 20 weeks.
Please contact Chelsea for the new order form for the 2014-2015 CSA
Or download it here: CSA 2014-2015 Application